For heavily used and highly visible areas, concrete is an excellent choice for your commercial paving project. Concrete is extremely durable. It also can be custom mixed for strength needed for specific applications, such as curbs and edging, or heavier loads or heavy storage. Other custom options, including stamping and stenciling, allow for upgrading the look of sidewalks and entryways.
Concrete costs about 35% more to install than asphalt, but its life expectancy is nearly double that of asphalt, with significantly less maintenance, making it ideal for busy business owners and commercial managers who do not want to spend a lot of time on sealing and repairs. Repairs, when needed, can be more costly, but life expectancy of repairs also is greater.
While care must be taken when plowing or using snow melting chemicals, concrete is a durable and effective choice for parking garages and walkways.
Have a question? Contact Us Today
- Lasts 20 to 40 years, depending on usage and maintenance
- Allow a week to cure before use
- Power wash and sealant every few years keeps it like new
- Added expansion joints protect from temperature changes
- Can be mixed to withstand heavy loads without cracking, sinking, or chipping
- Can be upgraded to stamped and stenciled
Is concrete right for you?
At S&K Asphalt, we provide quality paving in asphalt and concrete. Proper construction is key to ascertaining that your commercial paving project performs to your expectation and gives you the maximum years of service based upon use. When you meet with our professionals, we’ll discuss the following:
- The planned use for your parking lot or driveway—cars, heavy trucks, construction equipment, storage of heavy vehicles or containers. We then determine the appropriate depth of paving material to accommodate this use.
- An inspection of the area to be paved to determine composition of the ground and plan for the appropriate rock subbase. Your rock base is crucial to maintaining the expected lifespan of your pavement.
- Your budget and maintenance preferences.