Asphalt is the material of choice for parking lots in the majority of commercial establishments because of its lower price point. The average cost of installing a new asphalt parking lot, street or driveway is typically about 35% less than concrete. It also is an ideal material for the temperature extremes frequently experienced in Northeast Ohio because it naturally expands and contracts.
Surface areas that experience significant traffic and heavy loads are ideal for asphalt paving because its ability to give under weight makes it more resistant to cracking. Asphalt also absorbs sunlight, encouraging melting of snow and ice with less use of chemicals and snow clearing equipment.
Plan for regular maintenance of your asphalt parking lot and make repairs in a timely fashion to extend its life.
Have a question? Contact Us Today
- Lasts 15 to 30 years, depending on usage and maintenance
- Can be used almost immediately after installation
- Apply sealant every 2-3 years to fill cracks and protect
- Oil and debris stains are not obvious
- May be resurfaced to avoid replacement cost
Is asphalt right for you?
At S&K Asphalt, we provide quality paving in asphalt and concrete. Proper construction is key to ascertaining that your commercial paving project performs to your expectation and gives you the maximum years of service based upon use. When you meet with our professionals, we’ll discuss the following:
- The planned use for your parking lot or driveway—cars, heavy trucks, construction equipment, storage of heavy vehicles or containers. We then determine the appropriate depth of paving material to accommodate this use.
- An inspection of the area to be paved to determine composition of the ground and plan for the appropriate rock subbase. Your rock base is crucial to maintaining the expected lifespan of your pavement.
- Your budget and maintenance preferences.